Perhaps you already know about the forthcoming Introduction to Usul al-Tafsir (Principles of Quranic Sciences) Course by Shaykh Dr Mohammed Akram Nadwi in Cambridge but, even though you could attend, have not yet signed up. You may be having some uncertainties about the course. This is totally understandable as it is sometimes difficult to see the benefits clearly and take the next steps with confidence. If that is the case then perhaps the following 8 reasons will give you enough motivation to sign up for the course without any further worries.
- This course provides a solid foundation in the history, sciences, interpretation and understanding of the Qur'an without which one may not necessarily know how to seek to understand the Qur'an.
"Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur'an, or are their hearts locked up?" [Qur'an - Surah Muhammad 47:24]
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur'an and teaches it.'' [Al-Bukhari].
- The course is structured in a way that, although intensive, it is easy to follow. The feedback of those who attended the previous courses speak volumes.
"Alhamdulillah I was fortunate enough to attend the first of the Cambridge Islamic Sciences Seminars which attracted many from within Cambridge and without, both young and old. Sheikh Akram Nadwi is a true gem within the Muslim community here in the UK; with such a wealth of knowledge, he kept us engaged and gave us a sound introduction into the Sciences of Hadith. I came away from the course reignited in my pursuit for knowledge. I look forward to attending most, if not all, future courses throughout the year inshaAllah and would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to get acquainted with the Islamic sciences. " - Maria Alfaradhi, PhD Student, Cambridge University
- The course is taught by one of the best and the most knowledgeable scholars/teachers in the western world today, MashaAllah.
"Of all the scholars I have had the opportunity to study with, I have found Shaikh Akram Nadwi to be the closest, in knowledge, manners and teaching, to how I would imagine some of the great Hadith scholars of the past would have been. He has a vast knowledge of Hadith, Fiqh and Qur'an, a down-to-earth, humble, approachable style, and great teaching ability. His classes are not just beneficial from a learning perspective, but also to marvel at the awe-inspiring wealth of knowledge of our scholars masha Allah. His 57 volume work going through the biographies of some 8,000 women scholars of Hadith is a monumental endeavour. The mere fact of its existence can be a major talking point in discussion with Muslims and non-Muslims, and is almost a stand-alone proof of Islam's unparalleled wealth of female scholarship." - Dr Omar Mahroo, Cambridge/London
- The courses are held at the historic and prestigious Cambridge University - a world-class leading seat of learning and a fitting place for the Cambridge Islamic Sciences Seminars.
- You may, if you wish, request a Certificate of Attendance for your participation in the course.
- There is a significant discount if you book in advance.
- Your course fee is either fully refundable or fully transferable so you will not loose anything in case you are unable to attend due to unavoidable circumstances.
- What's more - if you attend the course and think that this course is not for you after the first session (for whatever reason) then you will be entitled to a full refund of your course fee. Yes, it is a 100% money back guarantee!
Please note that the course is already 75% booked and also many sign up during the final week before the course. So if you are thinking of attending, then please sign up immediately before it is too late.
Register at: http://courses.meoc.org.uk/p/register.html